Nat as he appeared in the comic books
Nat as he appeared in the cartoon show as a Smurfling
|Also Known As||Natural Smurf (original name)|
|Occupation||Adventurer, Protector of Nature|
|Voice Actor||Charlie Adler|
|First Appearance||Season 3 (as an adult)
Season 5 (as a Smurfling)
|Name Translation of Natural Smurf/Nat Smurfling|
Nat (short for Natural, his original French name Schtroumpf Nature) is one of the main characters of the Smurfs cartoon show, who has appeared on the show on Seasons 3 and 4 as an adult Smurf, and then from Seasons 5 to 8 as a Smurfling.
He is a lover of all creatures who's not afraid to put himself at risk to save animals that other Smurfs may consider too dangerous, including Gargamel's pet cat Azrael. He is one of the Smurfs responsible for the creation of Sassette. In his Smurfling form, he is identified by a "country bumpkin" type Smurf hat and a pair of brown ragged pants held up by a single suspender around his left shoulder.
Nat loves nature to the fullest. He is the only Smurfling willing to walk long miles through a forest, just so that he could view the scenery. It's possible he might be a reference to the animal-loving kids who like exploring forests and other enviromental places.
Nat is also the nicest of the Smurflings, as he cared about Sassette's feelings when Snappy yelled at her during her debut episode. He has shown concern for many things and doesn't like his animal friends to get hurt.
Nat also develops a good brother-bond with Brainy, who attempted to be a good Smurf brother for Nat by trying to be friends with all animals like Nat was before his de-aging.
- Like Slouchy, he was one of the Smurflings who didn't go back in time with the Smurfs.
- He plays an instrument that looks like a guitar.
- He is the only Smurfling who had more than one episode appearence as an adult Smurf. He made his debut as an adult Smurf in Season 3's "All Creatures Great And Smurf".
- He is known for calling any one of his friends "Hickory Nut"
- His character was voiced by former "Cow and Chicken" star Charlie Adler.
- In the 2011 CGI-live-action Smurf movie, he was briefly mentioned. An unnamed Smurf screamed "Nat!", and Crazy Smurf responded by blowing like a siren. However, Nat does not physically appear in the film.